World Cheese Award 2015: 5 x Super Gold, 6 x Gold und 1 x Silver
Affineur Walo von Mühlenen is again the most successful participant at the World Cheese Award with in total 12 awards.
With an impressing consistency Affineur Walo von Mühlenen mange to be always among the most successful participants. This year Affineur Walo had two cheese in the final round of the 16 best cheeses and was awarded with 5 Super Gold, 6 Gold and 1 Silver Award. This success confirms the high quality and consistency of Swiss cheese specialities from the Affineur Walo. The von Mühlenen’s have been aiming to mature the best artisan raw milk cheese from Switzerland to perfection. The growing popularity of the cheese from Affineur Walo in Europe and overseas shows that consistent pursuit of the best quality is the right strategy for Swiss cheese.
Awards of the Affineur Walo von Mühlenen at a glance
5 x Super Gold
- Stärnächäs extra-spicy, semi-hard cheese from St. Gallen, aged for 8 months
- Armailii de la Gruyère, semi hard cheese from Gruyère aged 3 month
- Affineur Walo Le Gruyère Switzerland AOP extra, aged 14 month, in the class AOP cheese
- Red nose, Gold Label hard cheese, aged 12 month washed with red wine.
- Red Wine Farmer cheese hard cheese, aged 12 month washed with red wine.
6 x Gold
- Le Poya a hard cheese from Fribourg, aged 12 month
- Affineur Walo Le Gruyère Switzerland AOP extra aged, for 14 month, in the class AOC cheese
- Gallus a hard cheese from St. Gallen, aged for 12 month
- Affineur Walo Jura Mountain cheese, hard cheese of the Swiss Jura, aged for 12 month
- Affineur Walo Le Gruyère Switzerland AOP extra, aged for 14 month, in the class Hard cheese
- Affineur Walo Le Gruyère Switzerland AOP extra, aged for 14 month, in the class rind washed cheese
1 x Silver
- Affineur Walo Le Gruyère Switzerland AOP extra, aged 14 month, in the class Gruyere
The World Cheese Award is the largest and most prestigious cheese competition worldwide, with participants from over 30 countries and all continents. This year over 2,700 cheeses were evaluated. It was held this year, on the occasion of the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham. Several large cheese trading companies alongside affineur Walo von Mühlenen represented Switzerland.