Results World Cheese Award 17/11/2014, London, England
Affineur Walo von Mühlenen is again the most successful participant at the World Cheese Award with in total nine awards.
With an impressing consistency, Affineur Walo von Mühlenen manages to be always among the most successful participants. This year Affineur Walo was awarded 2 Super Gold, 3 Gold, 1 Silver and 3 Bonze Medals. This success confirms the high quality and consistency of Swiss cheese specialities from the affineur Walo. Since almost 150 years, the von Mühlenens' have been aiming to mature the best artisan raw milk cheese from Switzerland to perfection. The cheeses from affineur Walo are exported to Germany, France, Sweden, Finland, Italy, New York, Tokyo and Manila. The growing popularity shows that consistent pursuit of the best quality is the right strategy for Swiss cheese.
Awards of the affineur Walo von Mühlenen at a glance:
2 x Super Gold
- Le Poya, a hard cheese from Fribourg, aged for 12 month
- Stärnächäs extra-spicy, a semi-hard cheese from St. Gallen, aged for 8 months
3 x Gold
- Affineur Walo Le Gruyère Switzerland AOP extra aged for 12 month affiniert, in the class Hardcheese
- Gallus a hard cheese from St. Gallen aged for 12 month
- Le Poya a hard cheese from Fribourg, aged 12 month
1 x Silber
- Armailii de la Gruyère, a Semi hard cheese from Gruyère aged 3 month
3 x Bronze
- Affineur Walo Le Gruyère Switzerland AOP extra aged 14 month, in the class hard cheese
- Affineur Walo Le Gruyère Switzerland AOP extra aged 14 month, in the class Gruyere
- Red nose, Gold Label a hard cheese, aged 12 month washed with red wine.
The World Cheese Award is the largest and most prestigious cheese competition worldwide, with participants from over 30 countries and all continents. This year over 2,700 cheeses were evaluated. It was held this year, on the occasion of the BBC Good Food Show in London. Several large cheese trading companies alongside affineur Walo von Mühlenen represented Switzerland.